Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
Having trouble with your AOL Gold download? Here is a friendly guide for you to install AOL Desktop smoothly. There are multiple factors that can prevent you from installing AOL Desktop on your device. In such a case, you need to dig out the possible reasons behind the problem and troubleshoot AOL Desktop Gold. In the first place, you need to make sure that all the system requirements for AOL Desktop are fulfilled; otherwise, an error can take place. Read this post until the end to fix downloading error of Desktop Gold.
Wondering how to fix AOL Desktop Gold Installation error? Call us at our TFN or email us and grab the best help possible.
Basic System Requirements to Download AOL Desktop Gold
Unable to install AOL Desktop Gold? You need to check if the System is compatible with AOL Gold or not. It means you need to verify that all the system requirements are fulfilled. The below-given list below states it all:
- 512 MB of free space on your System’s hard drive.li>
- Utilize Windows 7 or higher versions of OS.
- At least 1 GB of RAM.
- A stable and high-speed Internet connection.
- 266 MHz or faster processor speed.
- 1024X768 or higher screen resolution.
- .NET Framework of at least 4.5.2.
Suppose you are getting the error even after installing AOL Desktop Gold properly with all the system requirements fulfilled. In that case, you need to dig further into the possibility that you are creating the error.
Why did your AOL Desktop Gold Installation fail?
AOL Gold install or download error, often referred to as the error code 104, crops up due to multiple factors. However, it is closely related to a corrupt downloaded file, which causes a hurdle in the installation process. It is just the tip of the iceberg. Sometimes, these corrupted files leave detrimental effects on your System as well. Below are some of the most apparent reasons behind the AOL Gold download error:
- The partial or improper download of AOL Gold.
- A malicious attack from a virus corrupts the System.
- Corruption in the Windows registry system can also promote this error.
Troubleshooting steps for AOL Desktop Gold installation error
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the error, the below-given solutions will troubleshoot them one after the other. Let’s find out!
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
Before proceeding any further with the installation error resolution, you must restart your computer. Sometimes, a simple restart can eradicate the problem. A single restart fixes a myriad of problems. For instance, if the window is running sluggishly due to a faulty program, which is draining most of your computer’s resources, restarting will kill this process so that you may download your AOL Desktop smoothly.
Solution 2: Run A Scan on Your PC
We have already discussed that the AOL Gold download issue is closely related to a malicious virus or malware attack. Running a PC scan is the best thing to try out in such a scenario:
- First of all, launch your anti-malware software to start the procedure.
- If you are unable to locate it, go to the Start button and choose All Programs
- Now from the list of programs, click on the anti-malware program icon to open it.
- You will now see a Window wherein; the scan is running.
- Wait until the scan completes, and then it will show you the malicious files or folders that are causing the error.
- Delete the infected files identified in the scan report.
- Now try to download and install AOL Desktop Gold to check if the error is fixed.
- If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Clear Junk Files, Including Caches, Cookies & Temporary Files
If none of the above-given solutions resolves this error, delete your junk files, including your cookies, caches, and temporary files. Deleting temporary files is a crucial task as time goes on. If ignored, it can bring forth several issues, such as excessive storage usage, memory issues, and several others. There are several ways to delete temporary files and cache, and cookies from your device and Internet browser, such as disk cleanup and cleaning your browser. To perform the disk cleanup, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, click the Start button.
- Next, type “disk cleanup” in the search area and click Enter.
- After that, you will see a dialogue box on your screen specifying how much space the disc cleanup procedure will free.
- Now checkmark the boxes for the items you want to delete, such as cache, temporary files, etc.
- Moving ahead, click OK and wait for the deletion process to complete. Once done, install AOL Desktop Gold on your device.
What are the steps to fix AOL Desktop Gold won’t open issue?
After installation, if you are trying to open your AOL Mail but its icon is not responding, which ends up with AOL Gold, not an opening problem, then you have to follow the given steps to fix it:
1. Restart your System to clean all the memory present in the RAM.
2. Verify your Internet Connection with the help of the given instructions:
- Go to the Control panel.
- Now, select Network Settings.
- Hit on the Network & Sharing center.
- Thereafter, select the ‘Change Advanced Setting’s tab.
- Next, click on ‘Internet Connections.’
- In case you need to fix any Ethernet issue, select ‘Network Adapter.
- Follow the on-screen prompt present on your screen.
- Restart your System again.
3. Look for the AOL Gold Source Files for the Desktop
- Initially, you have to right-click on the AOL icon present on your screen.
- Next, you have to select Properties.
- From the drop-down menu, copy the URL of the targeted file.
- Now, paste it into Internet Explorer; next, you have to check if the software files are there.
- If you don’t find any software file, you have to delete that icon from your Desktop.
- Navigate to C:// & see if the ‘AOL Gold icon’ folder is now working or not.
- In case it is working, make a new icon by right-clicking on it.
- However, if AOL Desktop Stopped working, then delete it and then reinstall it.
4. Damaged or Corrupted Windows update
In case you are using a Window version update that is not compatible with your System, then you may face AOL Desktop Gold won’t open error. Thus you have to verify the system settings & configuration to make sure they are compatible with the Operating System you are using.
5. Select the System Restore
You can save the workable settings from the older version to Troubleshooting AOL Desktop Gold
- Select Start & move toward the Help & Support option.
Hit on the Pick a task tab.
- Now, click on the ‘Undo Changes with System Restore’ tab.
- Your System has a previous restore point saved to select the option.
- Now hit on the red dot available next to the ‘Restore My Computer To Earlier Time’ option.
- Choose the Next Button, and enter the date.
- At last, hit the Next button to finish the process.
Note: It will take sometimes, on the basis of resources available in your System.
The solutions discussed in this post resolve the most common factors behind the AOL Gold download error. If the error persists, or you need to talk to an expert, get in touch with us. Our experts will guide you with the best troubleshooting steps so that you can fix the error instantly.