Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
If you are witnessing issues while using AOL Desktop Gold? Or your desktop software is sometimes not responding properly? If the answer to all these questions is yes then there is something very serious that is going with your desktop software. In order to make your software run smoothly and peacefully, you must reinstall AOL desktop gold again. If you are like all those people who don’t know the steps which must be followed in reinstalling the software then this blog is just for you. As here you will get an answer to your question that how to first uninstall and then install the AOL Desktop Gold.
So as to first begin the process of reinstallation users must remove all the previously installed version of this software. The steps that must be followed to uninstall the software are given below:
How to Uninstall AOL Desktop Gold
- Close any program which is running, then go to Control Panel.
- Now go to Programs then Program and Features and their click on Uninstall a Program.
- The list of the installed program will appear in front of you and now look for AOL Desktop Gold.
- Once it is located then right-click on it to choose the option of ‘uninstall’.
- Now a pop up will appear which says ‘Do you want to keep your personal data associated with this desktop software.?’
- Once you say yes then the uninstallation wizard will start running.
- Don’t forget to restart the computer once the uninstallation process is complete.
How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
Once you have completely removed the previous version of desktop software from your system then you must install the new version. And the steps that you must follow while doing so is given below:
- Open the official website of Desktop Gold.
- And then click on AOL Desktop Gold download link so as to download the latest version of this software.
- Now save the downloaded setup file in your system.
- Click on the .exe file so as to run it as Administrator.
- You need to ‘Agree’ to the pop up of privacy as well as security.
- The installer will run and once the wizard is complete you need to click on Finish to end the process.
- Now you have to enter your username and password so as to get login into your AOL Desktop Gold account.
- A prompt of import will flash on the screen. If you want to import your previous data then you can accept it.
Related Article: AOL Gold Icon Not Responding
One should always make sure that before reinstalling the software they must check the version of the software they uninstalled and the one which they are going to reinstall again. There make many fake AOL desktop gold download link which might cause a problem in your system. That’s why always visit the official suite for the genuine AOL gold download link.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
When trying to launch your AOL Desktop, you may get an error message that reads – AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working. Besides, this error message can also appear on the screen when installing AOL Desktop. In such a case, you need to download and run an update install file to get rid of the error. A few simple steps can get the task accomplished.
AOL Desktop Gold is an all-in-one Desktop that is easy to use and offers several incredible features to the users. It enables you to send mail, browse, and search content. Besides, the premium security feature of AOL Desktop Gold prevents your AOL account from various vulnerabilities, such as hacking or an undesired intrusion.
If you are willing to install Gold on your AOL Desktop, you need to make sure that the device fulfils the standard system requirements of AOL Desktop Gold. After ensuring this, download the AOL Desktop Gold and run the downloaded file to install it. Double-click on the downloaded file from the download folder >> click Run >> click Install Now.
If you are wondering if there is a free version of AOL Desktop, the answer is Yes! You can access AOL software, email and several other features absolutely free of cost. The free AOL Desktop services include AOL Username and email account, which are accessible at mail.aol.com. All you need is a working Internet connection.
If you want to cancel your AOL Desktop Gold premium subscription, the below-given steps can help:
- Go to MyAccount.aol.com and click My Services when the website opens.
- Thereafter, click on Subscriptions and then click Manage located next to the plan you are willing to cancel.
- Proceeding further, click Cancel Billing. Here, you need to select your reason for cancelling the premium subscription.
- In the end, click on the Cancel link located at the bottom of the page.
You can start using AOL Desktop Gold for as low as $4.99 a month. In the beginning, you can use it for a trial period of 30 days. After the completion of the trial period, you can avoid being charged by cancelling the free subscription. Thereafter, you will need to pay $4.99 to continue using its services.
It is very easy to uninstall and reinstall Gold on AOL. The steps for Windows 7 & 8 will be different from the steps required to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold on Windows 10. To uninstall AOL Desktop Gold on Windows 10:
- Select Start on your Windows computer and then look for the programs or applications in the list that appears.
- Once you locate the AOL Desktop Gold software, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
After that, you may reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold by following the standard procedure.
To install AOL Desktop Gold on Windows 10, make sure that your PC fulfils the basic system requirement of the program. After confirming, download AOL Gold on your computer. After that, go to the Downloads folder and double-click on the downloaded file. Next, click Run and then click on Install Now. Once done, reinstall your computer to conclude the installation.