Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
Are you having issues while using AOL desktop gold or your desktop software has not been working properly for quite some time? Then, you have arrived at the perfect spot. However, something serious has happened with your desktop software. Thus, It is important to reinstall AOL desktop gold to make your software run without any issues.
How to Uninstall AOL Desktop Gold?
In case, you do not know how to reinstall AOL desktop gold again, we have you covered. In this blog, you will get answers to your question about how to uninstall and install AOL desktop gold all by yourself. To start the re-installation procedure, users must remove all the prior installed versions of this software.
Here’s how you can Uninstall AOL Desktop Gold:-
- First of all, close any program which is currently running in the background. Then, navigate to the control pane.
- Next, navigate to the programs>>program>>features and click Uninstall a program.
- The installed program list will only appear in front of you, and now search for AOL desktop gold.
- After you have located the desktop gold, you can right-click on it and select the uninstall option.
- In the next step, a pop-up will appear on the screen: “Do you want to keep your data associated with the desktop software?”
- Once you click the option yes, the uninstallation procedure will start running in the background.
- Remember to restart the computer once the uninstallation procedure is completed.
Steps to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
Once you have completely removed the desktop software’s prior version from your system, you must install the latest version.
- To start, open the official website of Desktop Gold.
- And then click on the AOL Desktop Gold download link and install the new version of this software.
- Next, you can save the downloaded setup file in your system.
- Hit on the .exe file and run it as your administrator.
- You must click the agree on option and privacy>>security option.
- The installer will now run, and once it is complete, press the finish button to complete the Procedure.
- Enter your username and password to log in to your AOL Desktop Gold account.
- A Prompt of import will appear on your screen, and if you wish to import your previous data, you can accept it.
One thing that you need to keep in mind before reinstalling the application is that they must check the version of the software that they have uninstalled. And also the one which they are going to reinstall again.
Also, multiple fake AOL desktop gold download links can stir up a problem in your system, and visiting the official suite for the genuine AOL gold download link is crucial.
Alternative Methods to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold For Windows:
Method 1. AOL Desktop Gold Plan
If you already subscribe to an AOL desktop gold plan, log into AOL in your browser and navigate to my account page. Afterward, click on the My services>>subscriptions and hit get started from AOL desktop gold to install AOL desktop gold on your PC.
Method 2. AOL Desktop App
It will be easier to get the AOL desktop gold app for Windows 10 & 11 if you have subscribed to the AOL advantage plan.
- Navigate to aol.com and sign into your AOL account.
- You will be able to find AOL desktop gold under all products.
- Press the Download Now to download and install the AOL desktop application on your PC.
Method 3. Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold Application
- Once you have signed up for AOL, you can receive a sign-up confirmation email.
- You can check your AOL sign-up email and click Download AOL Desktop Gold or Update Now to reinstall the AOL desktop gold application.
Quick Procedure to Uninstall & Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on Windows 10 & 11
If you are facing any issues with your AOL desktop gold, you can uninstall and reinstall it. And, here’s how you can do it:-
- Firstly, press Windows + R, type in control in the run dialog box and click on the enter tab to open the control panel.
- Then, tap on Uninstall a program from the Programs menu.
- Now, please scroll down to look for AOL Desktop Gold, and when you see it click on it and choose Uninstall to delete this program from your computer.
After following these steps, you can install the latest version of AOL desktop gold.
We have arrived at the end of this blog and we hope that you find this blog helpful. However, if you are still facing issues with reinstalling AOL desktop gold, then you can get in touch with our email experts via live chat or email. You can mail us your query at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
While trying to run your AOL Desktop, you might get an error message that says – AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working. This message can also appear while installing AOL Desktop. If so, you must download and launch an updated install file to eliminate the error. You will be able to complete this task in a couple of minutes.
If you wish to cancel your AOL Desktop Gold Premium subscription, you should follow these instructions:
- Navigate to MyAccount.aol.com and hit on my service when the website opens up.
- Then, click on the subscriptions and choose to manage right next to the plan you cancel.
- Next, tap on cancel billing, and then you have to select a reason for canceling the premium subscription.
- Lastly, hit on the cancel link on the page’s bottom.
You can start using AOL Desktop Gold for as low as $4.99 monthly. Other than that, you can use its trial version for a month. After completing the trial period, you can avoid being charged by canceling the free subscription. You must pay almost $4.99.
The answer is yes if you are wondering if there’s a free version of AOL Desktop. You can access AOL software, email, and several other free features. Moreover, the free AOL Desktop services include an AOL username and email account, accessible at mail.aol.com. All you need to do for this is have an active internet connection.
It is very easy to uninstall and reinstall Gold on AOL. The steps for Windows 7 & 8 will be different from the steps required to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold on Windows 10. To uninstall AOL Desktop Gold on Windows 10:
- Select Start on your Windows computer and then look for the programs or applications in the list that appears.
- Once you locate the AOL Desktop Gold software, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
After that, you may reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold by following the standard procedure.
To install AOL Desktop Gold on Windows 10, make sure that your PC fulfils the basic system requirement of the program. After confirming, download AOL Gold on your computer. After that, go to the Downloads folder and double-click on the downloaded file. Next, click Run and then click on Install Now. Once done, reinstall your computer to conclude the installation.