Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
AOL Desktop Gold is a desktop browser that allows you to explore all aspects of AOL by using a user-friendly interface. After logging in to AOL Gold, you can check and reply to your emails, browse the internet, play games online, and chat with family. There are various ways of installing AOL Desktop Gold depending on AOL membership. After downloading the desktop software, you can use your AOL credentials to log in and can begin browsing the web.
However, there are times when the login process does not go smoothly. You may often experience login errors even when you are using the correct credentials. Login error on your AOL Gold account could sometimes indicate a security breach; thus, to save your account from such harm, simply read this blog.
By carefully following the troubleshoots, you can easily fix the AOL Desktop Gold Login Not Working problem; however, if you are not able to do so on your own, mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and grab help from a professional.
How to Log in to AOL Desktop Gold?
Before moving ahead with the fixes to resolve the AOL Desktop login issue, you first need to learn the exact steps to log in to your AOL account.
- Open the Desktop Gold Software.
- Now you can see a login screen in front of you where you have to enter your Username& Password.
Note: Make sure that the entered username & password are correct.
- In case you are getting an authentication alert after hitting the sign-in button, it means login credentials (Username, password, or both)are incorrect.
- Thus reset your AOL password and repeat the steps to log in again.
What Evokes AOL Desktop Gold Login Not Working Issues?
Let’s now look at the reasons that root causes behind AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding problem
- Your Internet Speed is slow.
- You are not able to connect to the AOL server.
- The AOL application is Corrupted.
- The operating system is unable to understand the request.
- Various other issues related to your system.
How to Root Out AOL Desktop Gold Login Not Working Problem?
When it comes to Troubleshooting AOL Desktop Gold issues, you need to be a little careful, as these may end up in you losing your account.
Method 1: Use the Force Off Option to Close the AOL Application
When your AOL Desktop Gold doesn’t Open in your system, then to fix it, you can try to force stop the AOL mail desktop using the Task Manager. The steps may vary for the different devices:
Steps to Shut AOL App for Mac Users:
- Initially, you have to right-click on the AOL Desktop program present at the bottom of your screen.
- Now select the Quit or Force Stop tab to turn off the App.
Steps for Windows Users:
- Open the run dialogue box by hitting the Windows+R key.
- Now there, you have to type taskmgr and hit enter.
- Now from the process tab, you have to select the AOL Desktop Gold Application.
- At last, hit on the End the task or Process tab.
Once the program shuts down, open it again and check if the login issue is resolved now.
Method 2: Confirm the Device Compatibility
Generally, the AOL Desktop won’t log in to your device because System Compatibility issue. Thus to install the AOL app in your system, you must take care to meet the minimum requirements.
- You should have Windows 7 or above for windows and iOS 10 or newer versions for iPhone.
- The processor must be of 266MHz with at least 512 MB of Ram.
- The display screen resolution must be 1066*768px.
Clear all the Viruses Present in your System
At times, the user may not be able to take benefits of the AOL app because of the presence of Viruses or Malware in the system. The presence of Malware or viruses can corrupt your major files as well. This is a major concern and can drive you to AOL desktop not responding to problems.
Thus, scan the computer throughout with an Antivirus to check the virus. After that, you can try to access AOL desktop gold again.
Turn Off the Security Software
You may encounter AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding issue in your system due to the presence of a Firewall or any other Security Software. These antiviruses can lock the AOL desktop software, considering it as a suspicious tool.
Thus turn it off for at least 3 minutes and then launch the AOL Desktop app.
Presence of Corrupted Files
In case your device is full of corrupted files, it can stop your AOL software from working efficiently. Thus restart the system, and check if the problem is solved. In case AOL is still not opening, you have to delete the AOL program and install it again.
- To uninstall it in Windows, you have to open the Program & Features option.
- Then from the list of all the programs, select the AOL Desktop Gold app, and uninstall it.
- Whereas to do so on a Mac device, click on AOL Desktop Program and haul it toward the trash folder.
- Once you are done with the uninstallation of the App, install it again from the AOL Desktop Gold official website.
Turn Off the VPN & Proxies Server
You can use the AOL app with the help of the original IP address only. The presence of VPN or proxy programs can lead to AOL Desktop Gold Won’t Open problem. Thus turn them off and try to open the App again.
Here we are ending our blog; we hope that by following the steps explained above, you can easily rectify the AOL Desktop Gold login, not working issues. For any additional help, you can contact our team of experts via email or live chat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Answer: Facing an Error while opening AOL Desktop Gold is not a big issue; you just need to know about the reason behind it; most of the time, it happens due to the presence of Antivirus software. Thus, you have to check & disable it. Then relaunch the AOL Software and review the issue.
Answer: Generally, the AOL Desktop Gold doesn’t respond because of having an Outdated Browser. So, install the newly launched version of the software to fix the AOL desktop not responding issues. After installation of the AOL updated version, run it in compatibility mode.
Answer: In case you are not able to log in to your AOL Desktop Gold account, you have to uninstall the software and download it again. If that also doesn’t Work in your favor, try a few other tips, including:
- Try to sign in again.
- Reset your password.
- Recover your password via registered mail ID or phone number.
- Try to sign in from a different browser.
- Clear caches of your internet browser.
- Reset your internet settings.
Answer: Below, we have instructed the steps you need to follow to log in to your AOL account.
- Open AOL Desktop Gold in your system.
- Thereafter write down the username and click on Continue.
- Enter the password.
- End the process by hitting the Sign in button.
Answer: If you are facing an AOL Desktop Freezing issue, your device might get infected with viruses. So, scan your device completely. Apart from that, Clear the cookies present in your browser.