Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
AOL Desktop Gold offers an amazing Desktop experience. It is easy to use and enables users to browse through online content, watch videos, play games and much more. Besides, getting the premium version enables users to get enhanced security and automatic updates. AOL Desktop has a huge user base, thanks to its amazing features. However, when trying to open a video, you may receive an annoying error message “Video won’t open in AOL Desktop Gold”. This error is closely related to the compatibility issue with an incompatible AOL Flash Player. There are multiple other factors that can evoke the error when opening a video. Fret not! Here you can find the possible reasons and resolution of the error.
Different Instances of AOL Video Won’t Open Issue with Their Solutions
There are various instances of the error, you may get when trying to open the video on AOL Desktop Gold. Below are some of the main issues along with their relevant solutions. Let’s find out!
1: AOL Videos Won’t Play and Others Run Correctly
It is when all the videos open well except the AOL videos. In such a case, you need to perform the following steps:
- Look for a new windows media player to play the videos.
- If you are using an outdated version of the player, update it.
- Download and install the newer version of your media player.
- Try to open the AOL Videos in compatibility mode as the error is restricted to only AOL Desktop Gold videos.
To open AOL video in compatibility mode:
- Right-click on the erroneous AOL video and choose Properties from the drop-down list.
- Next, select the Compatibility button and mark the checkbox for “Run this program in the compatibility mode”.
- Next, choose your OS from the drop-down list and click on Apply option to save the changes you have made.
Download a new Flash Player to run the videos:
If the error persists, download and install a new adobe flash player on your machine. If your antivirus program is hindering the process, deactivate it until the job is done.
2: No Video Open in AOL Desktop, AOL Browser/ AOL Mail
If you are not able to open video in AOL Desktop or mail, perform the below-given steps to get rid of the error:
- From within AOL Browser/AOL mail, click Customize & Control.
- If you are trying to open the video on Windows OS, download a new Adobe Flash Player and Windows Media Player.
- If you are a Linux user, download Active X to run the video.
Now confirm if the AOL Gold download issue is fixed or not.
3: AOL Desktop Only Gives Audio
At times, you may receive the error when the AOL Desktop only displays the audio, but not video. To get rid of the error, perform the below-given steps:
- Open the erroneous browser window in the first place.
- Next, select Control/Click or double-click in the video’s window.
- Now choose Settings and uncheck the box for Enable Hardware Acceleration.
- You will now be able to see the video in Flash Player.
- If not, you need to make sure that the video you are trying to play has a compatible format for the player. Convert the video in a supported format to resolve the video issue with your AOL Desktop.
4: Error Code 14 When Running AOL Video
Error code 14 is an annoying error code that can prevent users from the AOL Gold download process. This error is closely related to the network problem. To resolve the issue, you need to follow the below-listed steps:
- First of all, check your device and try again.
- Restart your network connection device as it can improve your Internet connection.
- For complete resolution, shut down your system in an appropriate manner.
- Now disconnect all the connection cables, including, router, DSL, and dial-up.
- Wait for up to 30 minutes and then reconnect the cables to their power sources.
- Connect the cable to the router and then turn your system on.
Related Article: How to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold: A Step-by-Step Guide
These steps will resolve your network issue. Try to download and play the video to check if the video won’t open in AOL Desktop Gold is fixed.
5: Video Won’t Play Correctly in AOL Desktop
The unnecessary programs running in the background can prevent videos from running smoothly. To stop them from running, follow the below-listed steps:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously on your screen.
- When the run box opens, type “MSConfig” in the box and then hit Enter.
- Next, hit Startup and reject all the programs that you don’t want to run.
- Moving ahead, click Yes and it will start the computer again and apply the changes.
Hope you find this post helpful in troubleshooting video won’t open in AOL Desktop Gold issue successfully. It has various other issues related to the AOL Gold download along with their suitable solutions. Stay connected for more informative and helpful posts!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
If you are not able to open any video in the AOL desktop gold, then here are the steps that you can follow to fix the error.
- Go to the AOL browser window or AOL mail and click on the “customize & control” option of the browser.
- If you’re trying to run AOL videos on windows OS, then install the new Adobe flash player & windows media player. For the Linux OS version, you have to download the Active X.
Are you facing a blank screen with audio while trying to play videos in AOL Desktop Gold? So, follow these steps to fix the problem:
- Sign in to the AOL Desktop Gold.
- Now, click on the Settings
- After that, from the browser settings, click on the General tab.
- Then Disable the browser hardware acceleration
- At last, restart your AOL Desktop Gold application.
- First, update the media player to the latest version.
- Then open the AOL video in compatibility mode by right-clicking on the video and selecting the “Properties” option.
- Now, select the “Compatibility” Tab.
- Move ahead and click on the checkbox showing “run the program in compatibility mode”.
- After that, from the windows drop-down list, select the operating system version
- At last, save the changes
To troubleshoot some of the common problems, here we have mentioned some recommended fixes for you.
- Check for the available or free space on your PC
- Delete cache and junk folders from your system and the web browser.
- Restart your computer.
Here are some common fixes or solutions that you can opt for solving the AOL Desktop not responding issue.
- First, scan your computer with antivirus, and if any threatened file is founded, then delete it immediately.
- Delete the files that are incompatible and confirm that you have a strong internet connection.
- Update the AOL Desktop Gold software to the latest version.
- At last, delete all the browser’s cache and history.
For AOL advanced plan:
- Go to mybenefits.aol.com and sign in to your account.
- Scroll through the “AOL desktop gold” option under “All Items.”
- Tap on the “Download now.”
For Trial Plan:
- Visit myaccount.aol.com and sign in to your AOL account.
- Then go to the “Manage My Subscriptions” > “Premium Subscriptions”.
- At last, tap on the option “Get started”.