Estimated Read Time : 10 Min
AOL Gold Icon not responding or freezing has become one of the common problems encountered by several users nowadays. This issue can take place due to multiple factors like device compatibility issues, viral attacks, and other such errors either with your computer or browser. It doesn’t matter what’s the primary factor; the error can be resolved by going through certain measures and solutions given in this write-up.
If you are encountering an error while using AOL Gold Desktop, then you must carefully go through this write-up.
For quick solutions, you must take expert guidance by calling or via live chat for the best tips.
Why AOL Desktop Gold is Not Responding?
Let’s take a look at a few of the basic reasons which is creating hindrance for you while accessing the AOL Gold
- Slow and Unstable Internet Speed.
- Presence of malicious code in the system.
- Incorrect installation of AOL Gold Software.
- You are using incompatible software.
- Availability of Corrupted program files.
How to Resolve AOL Desktop Gold Won’t Open Problem?
First of all, exit from all programs running in the current situation and then resume your device. Performing this will restrict any other program running in the background of your system.
- After rebooting your system, examine if there is sufficient storage in your computer to activate AOL Desktop Gold appropriately. Free up a few spaces by removing unwanted files and applications from your system, if required.
- Scan your computer for any malware or virus. Confirm to utilize a decent antivirus and anti-malware software. If you get any suspicious content, file, or virus on your computer, remove it as soon as possible using the software.
- Confirm if your internet is working well. Examine your internet speed online and try to switch to any other wireless network to observe if that troubleshoots your error.
- If you have encountered an error with a specific browser, then you are required to uninstall it. After that, establish the latest version of your browser or simply utilize any other browser for using AOL Desktop Gold.
- Finally, if the AOL Desktop Gold still not working even after creating changes to your system settings. Then you must back up and recover your device to bring it back to its original state once your AOL Gold Desktop is working well.
Once you go through the above steps, you can easily resolve AOL Desktop Gold freezing error. However, If you can’t execute the above steps, use the live chat option given below to consult an AOL expert.
Alternate ways to fix AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding Issue
If you can’t troubleshoot the AOL Desktop Gold errors with any of the above-given steps, then there must be an issue with your AOL software. To search for any issue in AOL Desktop Gold, go through the below steps.
Method 1 – Activate AOL Desktop Gold with Admin Account
There may be an issue with other programs disturbing your AOL software. To confirm it, try and activate the AOL Desktop Gold application with Admin rights and observe if the error still persists.
- Locate the AOL Desktop Gold application symbol, not the shortcut icon.
- Now, do right-click on it and then choose the Run as Administrator option.
- Try to use the application and observe if you are still encountering an error like AOL Desktop Gold Freezes or Not Responding issue.
Method 2 – Re-establish and Activate AOL Software in the Compatibility Mode
Several times, the error takes place due to an outdated AOL Desktop Gold version. So, you should remove the AOL application from your computer and re-establish the latest version of it. After that, activate it in compatibility mode and establish the software. Utilize the below-mentioned methods to activate AOL Desktop Gold in compatibility mode.
- Firstly, download the AOL Desktop Gold establishment file from the official website of AOL or any of the dependent resources.
- Store the AOL establishment file on your desktop.
- After storing the software, move ahead to the desktop window and browse the installer file.
- Do right-click on the file and tap on properties.
- Now choose the Compatibility Mode option and examine the Run this program in compatibility mode box.
- After that, tap on the drop-down arrow to access the menu and then choose your previous operating system.
- Now tap on Ok and then re-establish AOL Desktop Gold.
A few other Troubleshooting Methods are Given Below.
- Upgrade AOL software to the current version
- Resolve any error with your operating system and then troubleshoot it.
- Examine if your computer is even compatible with activating AOL Desktop Gold or not.Once you go through the above-mentioned troubleshooting program, you can easily resolve the AOL Gold icon not responding error. In case none of the above ones worked in your favor, Delete the AOL app and re-install it again,
How to Uninstall & Reinstall the AOL App on your Windows & Mac devices?
Let’s discuss the process to uninstall the AOL app and install it again:
For Windows Users:
- Go to the Programs & Files option.
- Next, select the AOL app followed by hitting uninstall option.
- Now install the latest version of the AOL app.
For Mac Users:
- Open your device.
- Navigate to the AOL app.
- Now, move the AOL app to the trash folder to uninstall the app.
- Install the AOL app again.
That’s the end of this blog! Here, we tried our best to provide you with all the possible ways to resolve AOL Desktop Icon Not Responding problem. In case you have any queries related to this topic get assistance from the experts. These experts are available all around the clock to help you out, so, feel free to contact them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Answer: If you want to reset the AOL desktop gold, you just need to follow a few steps, and you are done.
- Initially, Uninstall the application
- Now, install it again.
- Note: While reinstalling, use your old login credentials to avoid any type of double payment.
Answer: In 2017, AOL decided to shut down its AOL Desktop Gold to further provide a more streamlined and updated version of it. This is done to ensure that the users will not be charged for the AOL Desktop Gold subscription anymore, their AOL email account will remain intact, and their users can still use them.
Answer: To update AOL Gold, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Switch on the Internet Connection.
- Thereafter you have to find AOL Gold update File.
- Now, download and run it.
- Restart your device and check if the AOL app is updated now.
Answer: The AOL mail icon can help you open the mail open it instantly.
However, if you deleted this icon, here are the steps to restore it:
- Go to the system clock in the taskbar, then select the Expand icon.
- Now, right-click on the AOL Desktop Gold icon to open the options.
- Click on the Create Desktop Shortcut, and you are done.
Answer: In case your AOL Gold Icon is Not Responding, perform the given steps to fix it.
- Fix your internet connection
- Use a compatible software
- Run the Anti-Virus software
- Reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold
- Restart your PC
Answer: If your AOL Desktop Gold is not responding, it may be because you have an older version of the AOL App in your system, so fix it by updating the App to the latest version:
- Initially, download the latest version of the AOL Desktop Gold file.
- Now install it.
- Moving ahead, you have to Run the new installer by opening the downloaded file (Install_AOL_Desktop.exe).
- Once the installation is done, now launch the AOL Desktop Gold by yourself.
Answer: If your AOL Gold icon is missing from the desktop, then here are the steps that you must perform.
- Restart your computer and check for the internet connection and its speed.
- Check for permissions allowed to malware as well as Trojan horses and perform scanning and removing all the Malicious Software.
- Update the AOL software to the latest version.