Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
Imagine that you have an urgent email to send to your business associates and once you get online you see that you AOL Desktop Gold won’t open. Now, this can be very frustrating! Even though AOL tries their best to give its users who have to install AOL Desktop Gold, an error-free and stress-free emailing experience but occasionally these do fall short of their mark. Sometimes your data is lost, sometimes the desktop software freezes, and sometimes AOL Gold won’t open. This blog will guide you on what you should do if your AOL Desktop Gold won’t open.
Why Won’t AOL Desktop Gold Open?
Users must keep in mind that critical problems are never just one reason for this error. When your AOL Desktop Gold is not opening, then there could be several different reasons for this error to arise in the first place. Here are some of the most common reasons why AOL Gold won’t open:
- There was a severe problem with the installation process. It can be possible that the installation process was interrupted for some reason. The procedure followed for installation was not correct, which is why the installation of AOL Gold failed.
- AOL Desktop Gold is incompatible with some other software that is installed on your computer.
- Likely a virus or malicious malware could have infected your system thus disrupting the AOL Desktop Gold software.
- It may be possible that your hard disk may be damaged, causing your system to malfunction.
Steps to Solve AOL Desktop Gold Won’t Open Error
Follow some necessary troubleshooting steps to fix the error where AOL Gold won’t open up:
- You must run a quick antivirus scan in your system and delete the file that may be a potential threat.
- Check your system to see you are meeting the system requirements before installing the software.
- Make sure you are connected to the active internet connection via a cable or Wi-Fi.
- Uninstall any program that is incompatible with your AOL Desktop Gold.
- Make sure the automatic update option is turned on so that you upgrade AOL Gold.
- Clear the web browser’s cache from the browser Settings.
- Disable any firewall that is active and is preventing AOL Gold from opening.
- Restart your system so that the RAM of your system is clear.
- Stop and pause any downloads that are disrupting your internet connectivity.
- Delete and then install AOL Gold by following the official instructions.
Related Article: AOL Gold Icon Not Responding
These are some of the essential troubleshooting solutions you can use when AOL Desktop Gold won’t open on your computer. If the above steps do not work, then there may be a serious glitch in your system which requires you to download AOL Gold again on your system by removing the previous version.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
There can be varying reasons for which you must be encountering AOL won’t open on my computer. Let’s take a look at varying reasons!
- Smashed or corrupt software files.
- Incompatibility of AOL Gold with some other files already installed on your system
- Inappropriate installation of AOL Desktop Gold Software.
- The corrupt or damaged hard disk of the system.
Check your system and program for the above mentioned reasons if the issue is occurring due to any of these specific reasons, then this is a good time to get in touch with AOL Gold customer assistance.
How do I reset my AOL Desktop gold?
Follow the listed below steps to successfully reset the AOL Desktop Gold account password. So, let’s get started!
Step 1: Navigate to the AOL desktop Login Page.
Step 2: Now, input your “username”.
Step 3: Next, choose the “Forgot my password” link and click on the “next” button.
Step 4: In the next step, you will be asked to input your mobile number that is registered with your AOL desktop Account.
Step 5: Click on the “Next “button and spot your profile.
Step 6: Once the verification process is done, you are required to input the verification code which is received on your registered mobile number via SMS or Phone Call.
Step 7: Next, input your password twice to confirm the same.
Step 8: Lastly, click on the “save” button to save all the changes.
Step 9: If you aren’t registered then go to the Email option.
Step 10: Next, AOL will send a password or a new link to your email address from where you can easily recover your new password and can access your AOL desktop gold account again.
Follow the steps till the very end to get your issue fixed in real time. If you still fail to do that then get in touch with AOL Desktop Customer Assistance team and they will help you get your issue fixed in no time.
Yes, AOL Desktop Gold is still working and available.
This issue can occur for varying reasons and the major reasons behind this error are enlisted below. Check out now!
- Poor Internet Connection
- Incorrect Mail Account Settings
- Outage of Mail Server
Check if your AOL Account is encountering any of these reasons. If yes, then get it fixed with our appropriate step by step guide.
Here, we are providing the solution for both windows and Mac users so that they can easily resolve their AOL Desktop Gold won’t open or not responding issue. So, let’s take a look at them!
For Windows Users:
Step 1: Open the run window on your device and input taskmgr in the field and then click OK.
Step 2: Click on the AOL Desktop option from the list of process tab and click on the end process option available on your computer screen.
For Mac Users:
Step 1: Right click on the AOL Desktop Program appearing on your desktop screen.
Step 2: Click on the Force Stop option available there in the list.
What is the SOLUTION to try if your AOL DESKTOP GOLD won’t load?
The followings are the solutions that you must try to resolve AOL DESKTOP GOLD won’t load issue. So, let’s take a look at them!
- Check the compatibility of your device.
- Check your device for any virus.
- Disable the security shield like firewall from your device for a while.
- Turn off VPN servers and all proxies of your device.
- Make sure that none of the files are corrupted on your device.