Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
AOL Desktop Gold is an updated version of the conventional AOL desktop. AOL users will notice that the new desktop has a range of features that guarantee a whole new browsing experience. But despite these features, even if you upgrade AOL Gold, it does encounter errors and will stop working. If you have encountered errors because of which AOL Gold stopped working then this article is just for you.
Errors that AOL Desktop Gold encounters are normally indicated by error messages or error codes. Based on the messaged or cod user can understand where exactly the issues are. There are a number of indications to look out for to check if AOL is functioning normally or not.
What happens when AOL Desktop Gold Stops Working?
Here are some errors that may indicate AOL Desktop Gold is not working:
- The program crashes without warning.
- A black screen frequently opens while you are working with this software.
- You are clicking the AOL Gold icon but nothing is happening.
- The software opens but there is no response from the webpage.
- You cannot send or receive emails on your AOL account
How to Troubleshoot when AOL Gold Desktop Stops Working?
Here are some quick and simple troubleshooting steps you can follow if your AOL software is not working:
Solution 1: Check and update the application
One of the best features AOL Gold is that it updates automatically. But if there is an error with the software then the updates will not be downloaded. In that case, you will have to manually check and see if there are any software updates that need to be completed.
Solution 2: General settings
Whenever you update Windows or any other application, there are certain changes made to the computer settings. These changes can affect the smooth functioning of AOL Desktop Gold. Check to see that there are no changes in the settings that could disrupt the working of AOL. You can also try to restore setting back to when AOL was working.
Solution 3: Check the Add-ons
It is possible that some add-ons that are installed on your system are incompatible with AOL Desktop Gold. The best thing to do is to disable these add-ons and run a scan of your system.
Solution 4: Download install file
When you see the message saying AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working you can follow the steps below to download AOL Gold and run an updated install file:
- Go to the AOL website and download the updated install file.
- Open the file and run it on your system
- Go to the AOL icon and open Desktop Gold after running the installer.
Related Article: Unable to Install AOL Desktop
If these solutions do not work then go ahead and contact AOL gold download and speak to a trained experts executive about the issues you are facing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
If the AOL desktop gold has stopped working or if you see an “AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working” error message, then this error can be solved by performing these steps.
- Download the updated version of the Desktop Gold file.
- Run the installed file with the name: Install_AOL_Desktop.exe
- Now, run the desktop gold, and the AOL Desktop Gold not responding error will be resolved.
- First, scan your computer with antivirus, and if any file with the virus is founded, then permanently delete it.
- Now, delete all incompatible files and check for internet speed and connection.
- Then, update the AOL Desktop Gold software to the latest available version.
- At last, delete all the browser’s cache and history, and open the AOL Desktop Gold. Now the issue will be resolved.
If your AOL Gold icon is not responding, then perform these steps.
- Restart your system and connect it with a fast internet Network connection.
- Now, start scanning for malicious software.
- Update your AOL software to the latest available version.
In 2017, AOL Desktop Gold Free plan services has been discontinued. Now, users only have the chance to enjoy the AOL Desktop Gold through a premium membership.
Now, to reset AOL Desktop Gold, here are the steps that you can follow.
- Go to the AOL Desktop Login page, then enter your username.
- Then click on the “Forget my Password” > “Next” button.
- Provide your registered mobile number and verify the OTP.
- Enter your new password twice.
- Last, click on the save button to save the new changes.
Some of the reasons due to which the AOL fails to open on the computer are as follows.
- AOL Desktop Gold Software is not installed properly.
- When the software files are damaged or corrupted
- AOL Desktop Gold is not compatible with your system.
- A virus or malware has affected your system.
- When the hard disk of the system is corrupt or damaged or corrupted.
- Shut Down all the running programs and applications
- Search AOL Desktop Gold File
- Go to the Settings in AOL software
- Click on AOL Gold About section
- At last, update AOL Gold Software
- Connect your Mac to the Internet
- Now, locate the AOL Gold update File
- Then, download and run the AOL updates
- At last, restart your Mac Book