Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
AOL Desktop Gold is an updated version of the conventional AOL Program. Its users must have noticed that the new desktop has a range of features that guarantee a whole new browsing experience. But despite these features, even if you upgrade AOL Gold, it does encounter errors and will stop working. If you also face problems because of AOL Gold stopped working error on your system, then this article is just for you.
Errors that AOL Desktop Gold encounters are normally indicated by error messages or error codes. Based on the message or code user can understand where exactly the issues are. There are a number of indications to look out for to check if AOL is functioning normally or not.
In case you want immediate assistance, call us at our TFN and fix your issues with the help of experts.
What happens when AOL Desktop Gold Stops Working?
Below we have discussed some of the errors that may indicate AOL Desktop Gold is not working problem:
- The program crashes without warning.
- A black screen frequently opens while you are working with this software.
- You are clicking the AOL Gold icon, but nothing is happening.
- The software opens, but there is no response from the webpage.
- You cannot send or receive emails on your AOL account.
How to Troubleshoot when AOL Gold Desktop Stops Working?
Here are some quick and simple troubleshooting steps you can follow if your AOL software is not working:
Solution 1: Check and update the application
One of the best features of AOL Gold is that it updates automatically. But if there is an error with the software, then the updates will not be downloaded. In that case, you will have to manually check and see if there are any software updates that need to be completed.
Solution 2: General settings
Whenever you update Windows or any other application, certain changes are made to the computer settings. These changes can affect the smooth functioning of AOL Desktop Gold. Check to see that there are no changes in the settings that could disrupt the working of AOL. You can also try to restore the setting back to when AOL was working.
Solution 3: Check the Add-ons
It is possible that some add-ons that are installed on your system are incompatible with AOL Desktop Gold. The best thing to do is to disable these add-ons and run a scan of your system.
Solution 4: Download the install file
When you see the message saying AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working, you can follow the steps below to download AOL Gold and run an updated install file:
- Go to the AOL website and download the updated install file.
- Open the file and run it on your system.
- Go to the AOL icon and open Desktop Gold after running the installer.
At the end of this blog, we are assuming that now you can easily fix the issue of AOL Desktop Gold not working. However, if the problem is still consistent, then you can get assistance from us by using the help box mentioned below. Apart from that, you can email us your Queries as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Answer: If the AOL desktop gold has stopped working or if you are receiving an “AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working” error message in your device, then this error can be rectified by following the given instructions.
- Download the updated version of the Desktop Gold file.
- Run the installed file with the name: Install_AOL_Desktop.exe.
- Now, run the desktop gold, and the AOL Desktop Gold not responding error will be resolved.
Answer: When you are facing AOL Gold won’t open problem, then you need to look at a few very important points:
- First, scan your computer with an antivirus, and if any file with the virus is founded, then permanently delete it.
- Now, delete all incompatible files and check for internet speed and connection.
- Then, update the AOL Desktop Gold software to the latest available version.
- At last, delete all the browser’s cache and history, and open AOL Desktop Gold. Now the issue will be resolved.
Answer: To reset AOL Desktop Gold, you can read the procedure discussed below:
- Go to the AOL Desktop Login page, then enter your username.
- Then click on “Forget my Password.”
- Thereafter, hit the “Next” button.
- Provide your registered mobile number along with the OTP.
- Enter your new password twice.
- Last, click on the save button to save the new changes.
Answer: Below, we have given a few of the reasons why you are not able to open AOL Gold in your system.
- AOL Desktop Gold Software is not installed properly.
- When the software files are damaged or corrupted.
- AOL Desktop Gold is not compatible with your system.
- A virus or malware has affected your system.
- When the hard disk of the system is corrupt or damaged or corrupted.
Answer: If you are thinking of updating your AOL Desktop Gold, you can follow the discussed steps according to your device.
- Shut Down all the running programs and applications
- Search AOL Desktop Gold File
- Go to Settings in AOL software
- Click on the AOL Gold About section
- At last, update AOL Gold Software
- Connect your Mac to the Internet
- Now, locate the AOL Gold update File
- Then, download and run the AOL updates
- At last, restart your Mac Book