Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
Are you also facing a problem while printing a document from AOL Desktop Gold? Then you are at the right place. In this blog, we are going to provide you with the best authentic and useful information about AOL Desktop Gold and why it is not able to process a print command. So, stay tuned and read this blog till the end.
AOL Desktop Gold Not Printing? Try These 5 Methods to Fix
AOL Desktop Gold is the most reliable and useful software, which is mainly used for sending emails, browsing, searching, and provides various premium security features to help the users to prevent their AOL accounts from getting hacked.
When a user is not able to print a document from the AOL desktop gold, then there can be many reasons due to why this problem can occur. Before directly jumping to the solution method, we recommend to first having a look at the possible reasons behind the problem.
Reasons Behind AOL Desktop Gold Not Printing
So, here are some of the possible reasons due to why the AOL Desktop Gold fails to process the print command.
- AOL Desktop Gold is not updated to the latest version.
- There is a problem with your printer.
- Background running third-party applications are disabling the browser to work efficiently.
- The documents or files which you are attempting to print are corrupt or not available.
How to Solve AOL Desktop Gold Not Printing Issue?
If you are also facing the AOL Desktop Gold not printing issue, then here are the possible steps and the methods for troubleshooting AOL Desktop Gold not printing issue.
Method 1: Make sure that the printer is working properly
First, check that your printer is working properly. If there is a problem with the printer and is not able to print any document, then no doubt, the problem is related to the printer not with the AOL Desktop Gold.
- So, first, open any document or picture on your PC.
- Then press Ctrl + P keys together to process a print command.
- If the printer successfully takes the printout, then the problem is related to the AOL Desktop Gold.
- If the printer is not processing any print command, then the problem is related to the printer.
- You have to examine your printer and the problem due to why the problem is occurring and then get it resolved.
Method 2: Turn Off Unwanted Startup programs on your PC
You may have noticed that various applications run automatically at the time you turn on your PC. These startup programs can cause delay and lag in your PC which can slow down its operation speed. So, below are the steps that you can follow to solve to turn off the unwanted startup programs on your PC.
- At first, go to the search box available at the taskbar of your windows and type Task Manager in the insert box.
- Launch the Task Manager and select the “Details” option available at the bottom of your page.
- Go to the Start tab and disable the unwanted programs running in the background.
- Now, click on the program all at once option, and from the lower right side of the page, click on the “Disable” button.
- Once you disabled all the unwanted start-up programs on your PC, then restart it and open the AOL Desktop Gold and perform a sample print test to check if the error has been resolved or not.
Method 3: Delete the Pending Print Command
When your printer already has a pending print command, then the printer will not be able to process a new print command. So, try to delete the pending print command of your printer and then process the same command again from your AOL Desktop Gold.
- At first, on your PC, click on the printer icon available at the lower right-side corner of the taskbar.
- Then search for the pending print jobs and click on them one by one.
- Now, click on the “Cancel” option to delete the command.
Now, restart your PC and launch the AOL Desktop Gold and perform a sample printout. This process will help you to resolve the issue.
Method 4: Changing Print Margin Settings on Internet Explorer Browser
If the print margins are not set properly in your web browser, then it can also become a reason for causing the AOL Desktop Gold not printing error. So, here are the steps that you can follow to set the print margins in the Internet Explorer:
- Open the Internet Explorer on your PC and then go to the File menu option.
- Now, click on the page setup option and click on the “Margin” option.
- Then make sure to set the margins for all dimensions i.e. top, bottom, left, and right to 0.25.
- Then click on the “Apply” option to save the updated changes.
Method 5: Try Printing the Page from Internet Explorer
Even after following all the above-mentioned methods, if the problem still exists, then, at last, the problem can be with the web browser. We suggest using Internet Explorer instead of other browsers. So, here are the steps that you can follow to process a print command in Internet Explorer.
- First of all, open the Internet Explorer on your PC.
- Now, open any document. For your convenience, you can also print any web page.
- To process the print, press the Ctrl + P keys together.
- Now, check the print preview and select the printer option.
- At last, click on the Print option to send the print command.
If you are not able to print from internet explorer, then try to update the browser to the latest available version.
Related Page: How to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Login Not Working?
In this blog, we have provided all the useful and necessary information about the AOL Desktop Gold and why it fails to process the print command. So, if we helped you in solving the AOL desktop gold not working problem, then do share it with your friends or colleagues who are also using the AOL Desktop so that in the future, if they will face any error in the future, they will be fully aware of the problem and how to get it resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
The process of AOL Desktop Gold download is very simple and short. New users can download AOL Gold from the official website of AOL i.e. help.aol.com. There, you can select the subscription plan as per your need and can get it downloaded to your PC.
Here are the minimum requirements for downloading the AOL Desktop Gold.
- RAM availability: Minimum 1 GB of free space
- Device Speed: Equals to or more than 266 MHz
- Hard-disk Available space: Minimum 512 MB
- Standard Screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Operating system: Higher than Windows 7
- Internet connectivity: Wireless, broadband, or DSL
Some of the possible reasons due to why the AOL Gold Icon will not be responding are as follow.
- When the AOL Desktop Gold hangs due to slow internet speed.
- Using the incompatible or outdated version of the software.
- When your PC is affected by the virus.
- When the program files are not installed properly or are corrupted.
- The AOL Desktop Gold is not installed properly.