Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
Are you also facing problems while printing a document from AOL Desktop Gold? Then you are at the right place. In this blog, we are going to provide you with the best, most authentic, and most useful information about AOL Desktop Gold and why it is not able to process a print command. So, stay tuned and read this blog till the end.
AOL Gold is one of the most trustworthy & easy to use software. They have a few amazing features that make the user experience smoother. However, some users have faced AOL Desktop Gold Not Printing errors because of some issues with the printing device.
Want to grab immediate assistance to Troubleshoot the AOL Desktop Gold problem? Call us at our TFN or email us and grab the best help possible.
What are the Reasons Behind AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding?
Before going further with the fixes, let’s first understand the that evoke AOL Desktop Printing issues:
- Your PC is having some Compatibility issues with the Printer.
- The file you are printing is Damaged.
- AOL Desktop gold is expired.
- Presence of a third-party app.
Apt Methods to Solve AOL Desktop Gold Not Printing Issues
Now that you have acquired enough information about the AOL Desktop Gold Not Printing issues let’s learn the ways to fix it:
Note: Initially, find the reason behind the issue, then only go with the troubleshooting.
Method 1: Make sure that the Printer is working properly
Firstly, you have to check the Printer’s condition, and to do so you can follow the steps given below:
- Open any document or picture on your PC.
- Thereafter, press Ctrl + P keys together to process a print command.
- If the Printer successfully takes the printout, then the problem is related to the AOL Desktop Gold.
- However, if the Printer is not processing any print command, then the problem is related to the Printer. You have to examine your Printer and the problem due to why the problem is occurring and then get it resolved.
Method 2: Turn Off Unwanted Startup programs on your PC
There are many Apps & Programs that run on their own when you switch on your System. These programs can make your PC slow. So to resolve the issue caused by this app, you have to disable them for some time.
- First, go to the search box available at the taskbar of your windows and type Task Manager in the insert box.
- Launch the Task Manager and select the “Details” option available at the bottom of your page.
- Go to the Start tab and disable the unwanted programs running in the background.
- Now, click on the program All At Once option, and from the lower right side of the page, click on the “Disable” button.
- Once you have disabled all the unwanted startup programs on your PC, then restart it and open the AOL Desktop Gold and perform a sample print test to check if the error has been resolved or not.
Method 3: Delete the Pending Print Command
An alternate way to fix AOL Desktop Gold Not Working PROBLEM IS TO CLEAR THE Print spool.
- Firstly, on your PC, click on the printer icon available at the lower right-side corner of the taskbar.
- Now, search for the pending print jobs and click on them one by one.
- Next, click on the “Cancel” option to delete the command.
- Now, restart your PC
Method 4: Changing Print Margin Settings on Internet Explorer Browser
In case the print margins are not set properly in your web browser, then you have to modify them.
- Open Internet Explorer on your PC and then go to the File menu option.
- Now, click on the page setup option and click on the “Margin” option.
- Make sure to set the margins for all dimensions, i.e., top, bottom, left, and right, to 0.25.
- At last, click on the apply option to save the modification.
Method 5: Try Printing the Page from Internet Explorer
If none of the above methods works for you, then use Web Browser to print the page.
Note: Use Internet Explorer as a browser for a better experience.
- First of all, open Internet Explorer on your PC.
- Now, open any document. For your convenience, you can also print any web page.
- To process the print, press the Ctrl + P keys together.
- Now, check the print preview and select the printer option.
- At last, click on the Print option to send the print command.
If you are not able to print from internet explorer, then try to update the browser to the latest available version.
As described above, these are a few solutions using which you can quickly fix AOL Desktop Gold Printing Error. However, sometimes you might encounter problems while fixing the error. In such a case, you can connect with our Email experts to get quick assistance. Get in touch via email or live chat, and ask about all the Email issues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Answer: If you are not able to Print AOL Email, then there can be multiple reasons behind it, including a faulty Printer, Conflicting programs & corrupted files. Thus in such cases, try to print the email using Internet Explorer to learn about the root cause that is creating the issue.
Note: In case you are not able to print even with Internet Explorer, then contact the Printer Manufacturer for help.
Answer: To restore the AOL Desktop Gold icon, follow the given instructions:
- Go to the System Clock present in the taskbar, and hit the Expand option.
- To proceed further, right-click on the AOL Desktop Gold icon.
- At last, click on the Create Desktop Shortcut.
Answer: The process of AOL Desktop Gold download is very simple and short. New users can download AOL Gold from the official website of AOL i.e., help.aol.com. There, you can select the subscription plan as per your need and can get it downloaded to your PC.
Answer: Here are the minimum requirements for downloading the AOL Desktop Gold.
- RAM availability: Minimum 1 GB of free space
- Device Speed: Equals to or more than 266 MHz
- Hard disk Available space: Minimum 512 MB
- Standard Screen resolution: 1024 x 768
- Operating System: Higher than Windows 7
- Internet connectivity: Wireless, broadband, or DSL
Answer: Some of the possible reasons due to why the AOL Gold Icon will not be responding are as follows.
- When the AOL Desktop Gold hangs due to slow internet speed.
- Using the incompatible or outdated version of the software.
- When your PC is affected by the virus.
- When the program files are not installed properly or are corrupted.
- The AOL Desktop Gold is not installed properly.