Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
The new AOL Desktop Gold is a brilliant all-in-one solution for browsing the internet. Users are greeted with the classic AOL Desktop look and feel but with some added benefits as well. So it does not matter if you are just sending out an email, streaming your favorite, or following up on the latest news, AOL Desktop Gold has it all. The new features include enhanced encryption, advanced security, and automatic updates. The best thing about AOL is that it has many features that make it fast and very easy to use, like the AOL Gold icon. When you install AOL Desktop Gold on the computer a small icon will appear that gives you easy access to the world of AOL. The AOL Gold icon is useful because you can explore the world of AOL with just one click. But this icon sometimes encounters errors.
Steps to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Icon Missing | How to Restore AOL Gold Icon Missing from Desktop
AOL users may have noticed that occasionally when they start the computer and are attempting to log in to AOL they cannot find the icon. If you have also faced this sort of problem of the missing AOL icon then don’t worry. This article will give you some simple troubleshooting steps that you can use to restore the icon and continue using AOL. You can also contact AOL helpdesk to know more.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Icon Missing Problem
Solution 1: Re-install AOL Desktop Gold
It is quite possible that the reason why AOL Desktop Gold is missing is that AOL itself may have been deleted from your computer. Whether this is by accident or not, it does not matter, you can reinstall AOL Desktop Gold by following the steps given below:
- Open your preferred internet browser and go to the official AOL website.
- Click on the link provided to download AOL desktop gold
- When the download is done you can save the file on your personal computer
- Login in as administrator and run the file
- You will have to go through the installation steps to complete the process
- After you have successfully installed AOL just right-click the application and select the option to create a new shortcut. Once the shortcut is created you should be able to see AOL icon on your desktop.
Solution 2: Create a new Shortcut
If you have AOL Desktop Gold installed on your computer then just follow the steps give below to create a new AOL icon.
Step 1: Navigate to the system tray at the bottom right of your computer screen
Step 2: Right-click the AOL icon
Step 3: Select the option to create an AOL desktop gold icon
Step 4: Place the icon on your home screen and restart your computer
Related Article: Problems Receiving Mail in AOL Desktop Gold
If you have any problem in the steps given here and if you see that the issue continues then the best thing to do is to delete the application restart your system and try and download AOL Desktop Gold once again. You can also contact AOL help desk number and ask for some assistance with this or any other issue you may encounter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
If the AOL gold icon is missing from the desktop, but if it is still present in the system tray, then it indicates that the AOL Desktop Gold is still present on your PC. And if it is not available in the system tray itself, then it means that the AOL Desktop Gold browser has been deleted from your PC.
To get the missing AOL gold icon back to your desktop screen, then here are the steps that you can perform to do so.
- Restart your computer and connect it to a fast and secure internet connection.
- Carefully look towards the permissions allowed to malware as well as Trojan horses and perform a deep scan to remove all the Malicious Software.
- At last, update the AOL software to the latest available version.
With the help of the AOL Desktop Gold application, users can enjoy multiple services such as web browsing, chatting, emailing, and various others. many more. Although their users are also facing a frequent issue that is the AOL Desktop Gold stops working or fails to download the AOL Desktop and sometimes it further leads to big trouble for the user.
AOL Desktop Software is no more available with effect from mid-April, 2017. Although, if the users want to continue using the AOL Desktop software, then they have to pay $3.99 a month.
To easily restore a missing AOL Desktop Gold Icon or shortcut from the desktop, here are the steps that you can perform
- First, from the taskbar, click on the Expand icon (^).
- Now, right-click on the AOL Desktop Gold icon.
- At last, click on Create Desktop Shortcut.
- Now, you have successfully restored the missing icon.
- Associate the icon with the source
- Disallow permissions to firewall
- AOL Desktop Gold file is defiled
- Update the AOL Desktop to the latest version
- Restart your system
- Check for Internet speed and connectivity
- Deep scan for malware or viruses
- Enable through expand icon
- Reinstall the application
- Hard drive is corrupted or damaged.