Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
Are you looking for a solution for AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104? If yes, then you have arrived on the right spot. In this article, we have mentioned everything that you must know to fix error 104 in AOL.
AOL Desktop Gold error 104 is the most common issue that happens during the installation of AOL Desktop. Sometimes users also come across this error while updating the software, and it appears on their screen instantly, which then restricts them from using the software. Thus, you need to fix it quickly.
Wondering how to rectify AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104 instantly? Call us at our TFN or email us and grab the best help possible.
Factors Behind AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104
There could be various reasons that might evoke the AOL Desktop Gold Error 104. We have discussed a few of them in detail below, have a glance.
- First of all, this error takes place due to the inappropriate installation of the AOL Desktop Gold.
- Damaged or corrupted AOL Desktop file.
- Virus or malware infection in AOL Desktop Gold.
- A damaged download of AOL Desktop.
- Windows registry may be damaged because of recent downloads or browsing.
- The computer must have a lot of junk files.
How to Identify AOL Desktop Gold Error 104?
If you still have doubts and don’t know how to determine the AOL Desktop Gold error code 104, then check its common symptoms that we have mentioned below:
- Firstly, your computer will start freezing
- The computer also responds sluggishly
- Computer peripherals like mouse lags and keyboard
- AOL Desktop Gold error 104 keeps showing on your computer screen
- Sometimes, you encounter an error while browsing or accessing AOL desktop gold software
- The crashing of Windows takes place abruptly.
Tips to Avoid Error 104
Let’s now look at the points that you need to follow to prevent your System from AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104.
- Update your Windows to the latest version available.
- Delete all the junk files present in your System.
- Install an Antivirus and run it on a regular basis.
- Don’t download AOL Gold software partially in your System.
- Make sure that your System is compatible with AOL.
- You must have Windows 7 or an upgraded version.
- Provide high-speed internet connection.
- Your System must have 1 GB of RAM.
- Ensure that you have a system processor of 266 MHz or Faster.
- Screen Resolution should be 1024 x 768 or higher.
Troubleshooting Steps to Resolve AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104
Now, that you have collected ample information about AOL error 104. Let’s discuss the troubleshooting solutions to fix it immediately.
Re-establish AOL Desktop Gold
- Go to AOL Desktop Gold’s official website
- Download AOL Desktop Gold software on your computer
- Thereafter, go to the File Explorer option and access the Download folder.
- Now, Do right-click to establish AOL Desktop and then tap Run in the drop-down list
- A new computer screen will open, then you have to select the Install Now button.
Resume Your Computer
- Check & Store all the files before restarting the computer
- Moving ahead, reboot your computer
- Wait for a few moments until your computer starts working properly,
- Now, check if the internal memory has been removed properly.
Delete the Junk Files
- To begin the process, tap the Windows+R keys that will open the Run dialogue box
- Enter cleanmgr and tap Enter.
- Thereafter, the Disk Cleanup screen will be open.
- Select the drives and folders for which you want to delete the junk files
- Finally, tap Yes to ensure junk data removal.
Repair AOL Desktop Gold
- Initially, you have to Browse the control panel on your computer.
- Now, on the control panel window, tap on the programs option.
- Thereafter go to programs and features and then look for AOL Desktop Gold
- Do right-click on AOL Gold and hit the Repair or Change option.
- Now, Follow the on-screen tips to repair AOL Desktop Gold.
Once you follow the above troubleshooting steps, you can easily resolve AOL Desktop Gold Error Code 104. However, if your issue is persistent, then email it at firstname.lastname@example.org. The AOL experts will revert to your issues as early as possible. In case you need instant help, you can also opt for the live chat option available at the bottom of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Answer: In case you are not able to open AOL Desktop Gold in your System, it might be possible that your device is not compatible with the AOL software. So before going further with any other troubleshooting, try to meet the Minimum System Requirements.
Answer: Error Code 104 is an installation error that flashes in front of your screen automatically, without any warning, and makes it difficult for you to install the AOL app. Moreover, it also prevents the users from updating AOL Desktop Gold.
Answer: Follow the given steps to install the AOL Desktop Gold:
- Check your taskbar, and click on the File Explorer option.
- Now, select the Downloads Folder.
- Moving ahead, double-click the install AOL- Desktop tab.
- Select Run, followed by hitting on Install Now option.
- Finally, restart your System.
Answer: To fix the AOL desktop gold error code 104, here are the steps that you can follow:
- Reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold
- Restart your PC
- Repair AOL Desktop Gold
- Delete the cache and Junk files