Estimated Read Time : 08 Min
AOL Desktop Gold Error 212 is a common error that occurs when users try to send messages using AOL messenger. Common possible reasons can be the presence of any viruses, malware in the system, installation issues with AOL Desktop gold, or any other reasons. In any case, whatever the reason can for AOL Error Code 212, the user need immediate assistance as AOL Gold is majorly used by working professional and students, and any issue while using the application can hinder the whole working schedule of the people. Thus here we have provided all the major information regarding AOL Desktop Gold Error 212, along with all the causes and possible solutions for each cause one by one. AOL desktop is one of the top email service providers in the USA, which has more than a million users. Read the article to get complete details regarding AOL Error 212.
About AOL Desktop Gold
AOL Desktop Gold is an internet suite that combines various online applications like Web Browser, media player, mail, and an instant messenger to provide a user all-in-one experience while using; users do not have an open any other application for their daily chores. Introduced in the year 2007 as AOL Desktop, the internet suite has now been updated to provide great user experiences. Apart from that, AOL Desktop Gold is heavily focused on users’ security to protect their mail from spam and fraud and their personal information getting leaked online.
Why do AOL Desktop Gold Error 212 Occur
There are plenty of reasons due to why AOL Desktop Error 212, some of which are listed below:
- Improper Installation of AOL Desktop Gold
This is the primary reason why AOL Desktop Gold does not work properly, and it constantly displays AOL Error 212 on the screen. Sometimes users are not able to download the AOL Desktop Gold properly or have an incomplete download due to the user getting a corrupt file of the application.
- You might have removed any important file related to AOL Desktop Gold from the system.
There can be a possibility that you might have deleted an important file from your system, due to which you are constantly receiving an AOL error message on the screen.
- AOL Desktop Gold might be infected by any virus or malware
Any virus or malware present in the system can cause AOL Error Code 212 in the system.
- Presence of Corrupt Registry Files
Any corrupted registry files can lead to errors in AOL Desktop Gold. To fix that, you need to delete the corrupt registry files.
How Can I Fix AOL Desktop Gold Error 212?
In order to fix AOL Error 212, you need to take the following measures:
- Run an Antivirus Check on your System
You need to have an Antivirus installed in your system through which you need to scan for any viruses or malware in the computer. In case the antivirus detects any malware, you need to remove it.
- Remove all the corrupt registry files from the system.
- Open the run window from there; you need to type “regedit” and press enter.
- Now select all the files and click on delete. This will delete all the temporary corrupted registry files.
- Remove/Delete all the junk files from the system.
You need to remove all the cache files, junk, and temporary files from the system. You can use Disk Clean-up, for which the steps are given below:
- Open the control panel in your system. There you need to select “Administrative Tools” to clean up junk files from the system.
- Select the disk clean-up option and choose the drive on which you need to run a disk clean-up.
- The Disk Clean-up will show all the unnecessary files present in the system. You can select them and delete them.
- Disable all the Add-ons you are using on your browser
Check all the extensions and other Add-ons you have enabled on the browser. Detect the extensions you think can hinder other online applications you are using and disable them temporarily while using AOL Desktop Gold.
- Check out for any Pending updates in the Windows.
Check for any pending updates in the computer which can create any trouble while using AOL Desktop Gold. Follow the given steps to check for pending updates for MS Windows:
- Press the start and then find the cogwheel icon to open Settings.
- Now, in the settings, you need to find the option “Updates & Security”. Click on that option.
- On the new window, click on the option “Check for Updates”.
- In case of any pending updates, they will start downloading automatically on the system.
- Now try to run AOL Desktop Gold on your system.
- Uninstall and Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
You need to reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold on your computer:
- Uninstall the AOL Desktop Gold:
You can uninstall the AOL Desktop Gold application from the control panel for which you need to follow the given step:
- In the control panel, select “Program and Features” to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold.
- The list of programs currently running in your system will appear.
- Now select AOL Desktop Gold and right-click on it to choose the uninstall option.
- Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on the System
In order to Reinstall the AOL Desktop Application, you need to visit the official website of AOL, from which you can download the installation file of AOL Desktop Gold. Follow the given steps to install AOL Desktop Gold:
- On Google, type “AOL Desktop Gold Download”. From the result, check for the official AOL website and click o it.
- Now on the official website, you can find the installation file of AOL under the option “Product and Features”.
- Double-click the AOL Desktop Gold file, which will start the download process.
- From the download folder, look out for the AOL installation file and click on it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, and after installation, will start.
Reach out to us, If you are Unable to fix AOL Desktop Gold Error 212
From the above information, we hope that we have provided enough information on AOL Desktop Gold Error. In case you need any assistance with AOL Desktop Gold, you can contact us from the number given below or just ping us on the live chat option. Our technical team is available 24/7 to assist you with any issue you are facing with AOL Desktop or any other online application. I just mentioned your query, to which we will revert with the required solution.